Install your pixel
Sign in to your Google Tag Manager account.
Select the container of your website and click on Add New Tag.
Click on Custom HTML Tag and enter a name for your tag.
Go to the Events Manager and click on details for your pixel.
Click on Set up and select Create code manually.
Copy the entire pixel base code as shown below.
7. Go back to the Google Tag Manager and paste the code into the HTML container.
8. Click on the Advanced Settings drop-down menu and select Once per page under Tag firing options.
9. Select the All Pages option under Fire On.
10. Klick on Create Tag.
Create action specific tags
Now that you have installed your basic code set, you can create specific tags for the different types of pages and events on your website (example: product page, "add to cart" button, shopping page).
Select the container of your website in the Google Tag Manager and click Add a new tag.
Name your tag and then insert only the code snippet that refers to the event and other variables you want to receive. Remember that your variables (Example: „product_ids“ and „product_name“) from those in the example below.
Klick on Custom HTML Tag and enter a name for your Tag.
Copy and paste the code snippet that refers to the event and other variables you want to receive. Remember that your variables (Example: „product_ids“ and „product_name“) from those in the example below.
Choose in Advanced Settings under Tag firing options the option Once per event.
Activate the checkbox under Tag Sequencing and select your base code tag to ensure that this tag is triggered after your base code.
Choose under Fire On the relevant trigger for your website.
Klick on Create Tag.
9. Tags for the other events on your website in the same way (example: add to cart, purchase). See examples below.
10. When you are finished creating the tags, click Publish.
Check the functionality of your pixel
When you have uploaded all your events, check if your pixel works correctly. This is how you check if the pixel on your website works correctly:
Navigate to the page to which you have added your pixel. If it works, the page with your pixel information will show up in Events Manager the status of your pixel as active on and in the dashboards you will find an activity report. Your pixel-data in the event manager.
2. If the pixel status is No activity yet, klick on the help program to solve the problem help for Facebook-Pixel. Once the Pixel Utility is installed in your Chrome browser, a small icon will appear next to your address bar. In the Chrome browser, navigate to your website and click on the pixel help icon. Now you can see which pixel events have been detected on the page and whether the pixels have been loaded successfully. And if there are any problems, you can find tips on how to fix them. You can find more here.
When you have successfully set up your pixel, it now goes to the placing ads on Facebook with the Conversion Optimizer.