You can add unlimited resources to your account, plus make it possible for customers to select their preferred resources as part of the online booking process.
Here is what you need to know:
If you want to find out more about how to identify certain Resources as Dependents, have a look here.
If you want to know how to create permission types for employees, please check out this article.
How this article is structured:
How to Add a Resource
Go to Management > Resources. Scroll to the category you wish to add a resource to, then click on the + symbol in the red box.
2. Now enter a name for the resource, and upload an image (optional).
3. If the resource is an employee, and you want them to be able to access your account, then make sure to enter their email address. See also: Invite your employees to your account to share your calendar.
4. Do you want your customers to be able to book this resource as part of the online booking process? If so, add a tick to make this resource online bookable.
💡If the resource is in a different time zone to the account owner’s, select their time zone from the drop down. All bookings will be configured to display in the local time zone both for the account owner, and your resource. (Please note, this is an Enterprise feature).
5. Now add the working & booking times. If this resource has very variable availability, the Shift Planner is really helpful for quickly and easily managing their availability. For more on our Shift Plan, check out: manage employee sick leave, holidays, and any other schedule changes using the Shift Plan
Note: In your calendar view, the white cells indicate the working times for a resource!
2. Separate your Resources into Categories
Categories help structure how you manage your resources. This is really handy if you have different teams to manage (say marketing, IT, sales) and/or for different types of resources (say rooms, equipment, teams).
Click on the 📂symbol at the top right to open a new category.
This next step is important. Your resource can be either online bookable (i.e. they appear in the Booking Widget for your customer to select) or dependent (they are added to a service "invisibly" - for example, each time a certain service is booked, a treatment room is automatically reserved for that booking, but the option for the room doesn't appear in the Booking Widget).
Do you need specific resource dependencies for the services?
Example: An eye test for which you need one of five employees and a special room.
...then you can find all the information here.