You can create customised permission types for managers - defining their exact access rights to your Branch Manager account- and assign them to multiple managers.
Good to know:
As with our other permission features, you can assign permission types a colour and an icon, to make them easily identifiable.
ℹ️ These settings only affect Managers in your Branch Manager - not the resources in your accounts. To know about resource permission types, check out this article.
1. How to Add a Manager Permission Type
Access the feature via Managers > Manager Permissions:
ℹ️ The first time you open this tab, the Admin permission type appears, with all your managers assigned to it. Admin permissions count as your first permission type.
2. Click the add icon on the top right to create a new manager permission type - a form will open.
3. In the form, enter a name for your permission type. We called ours, "UK Managers", and selected an icon, and a colour. Go through each permission drop-down, and select your preferred access rights by clicking on the radio buttons. Note that for some options, in addition to READ, you have WRITE and DELETE.
(For more information, have a look at this article).
4. Branches - please note:
The radio button READ will only allow them to see branch details in the preview, but they will not be able to access those accounts.
ℹ️ If you want Managers to have full access to certain or all branches, you also have to click on the radio button WRITE.
5. Once you have finished defining your permissions, hit save. In the setting preview, the new permission type appears. You can click on the drop-downs to review the permissions, and click the edit icon to make any changes.
2. How to Assign Manager Permission Types
Navigate to Managers, select a manager, and click the edit icon. ´You can assign your customised permission types from the Permissions dropdown. For new managers that you add to your account, you can assign them permission types as you create their file.